We need HIV negative men between 16 and 26 years old who have sex with men to participate in a study of a new vaccine against HPV, a sexually transmitted virus responsible for genital warts, abnormal cytology and various cancers.
The new vaccine has the potential to protect against HPV infections that cause 90% of genital warts and 80-85% of cervical cancers, and a significant proportion of cancers of vagina, vulva, anus, penis and oropharynx both in men and women. The new vaccine therefore substantially increases the potential of both preventive HPV vaccine currently on the market.
The aim of this study is to evaluate the immunogenicity and tolerability of the vaccine in young men aged 16 to 26 years old compared with young women aged 16 to 26 years.
The new vaccine has been extensively tested in other studies in which thousands of people participated worldwide.
More details below:
WHO CAN PARTICIPATE IN THE STUDY?
- HIV negative men between 16 and 26 years old who have sex with men.
- Who don't have had a previous positive HPV test.
- Who don't have had more than 5 sexual partners over their life.
- Be willing to attend 4 visits over 7 months and a last visit by phone in 12 months.
- Have received no other HPV vaccine (nor Gardasil or Cervarix).
BENEFITS OF PARTICIPATION
- No placebo. This means that all volunteers will receive the new vaccine for free.
- Medical care provided during the study.
- To actively contribute in research for the prevention of several diseases that affect health, such as: genital warts and cancers of the cervix, vulva, vagina, penis, anus, and oropharynx.
- We cover transportation costs if necessary.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE?
- You must write an email including your name, age, email address and contact numbers of the person concerned.
- Send this email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- After receiving the email we will contact the applicant to inform and initiate the process for possible participation.
If you have questions or would like more details of the study please contact our team (Tel. 93 497.88.49 / Email: email@example.com).